What do we believe?
- the Bible (consisting of the sixty six books of the Old and New Testament) to be the inspired word of God, and as such, the final authority for faith and life.
- in the Triune God consisting of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the God who created and controls the whole world according to his excellent purpose and plan.
- that people have been created in the image of God, for the express purpose of worshipping and enjoying Him.
- that through Adam’s sin, the human race has fallen, has inherited a sinful nature, and has been separated from God. Each person is now born into a state of spiritual deadness, and is totally unable to save themselves.
- that God the Father has freely elected to save particular sinners. This is His own choice and is not based on anything that the sinner can do. (Nevertheless all people are still responsible to repent and believe the Gospel).
- that God the Son has lay down His life for those particular sinners whom the Father elected.
- that God the Spirit regenerates those elected sinners, enabling them to respond to the gospel message.
- that salvation is only through Jesus Christ, whose perfect life and sacrificial death on the cross was sufficient to atone for the sin of those who turn to Him in faith and repentance.
- that true believers cannot lose their salvation, because salvation is all of God, and no one can snatch His sheep from His hand.
- that Heaven awaits those who turn to Christ in faith and repentance while Hell awaits those who do not.
For a much more detailed account of what we believe please read – The Westminster Confession of Faith (with our minor amendments)